Last Updated: October 6, 2015
Medium One, Inc. (“We,” “Us” or “Our”) respects Your privacy and is committed to protecting it through Our compliance with this Privacy and Data Security Policy (“Policy”). As used in this Policy, “You” and “Your” means (i) You and (ii) Your employer or other organization that You represent. This Policy describes:
• The types of information that We may collect or that You may provide when You register with, access or use Our cloud-based analytics services (“Services”).
• Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies only to information that We collect through or in connection with Our Services, including information in email, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with Our Services.
This Policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
• We collect from visitors on Our website.
• We collect offline or from other websites, including any website that You may access through Our website.
• You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Our website, other websites and third parties may have their own privacy policies, which We encourage You to read before providing information on or through them.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand Our policies and practices regarding Your information and how We will treat it. If You do not agree with Our policies and practices, do not register with or use Our Services. By registering with or using Our Services, You agree to this Policy.
Changes to This Policy
We may modify this Policy from time to time. Your continued use of Our Services after We make modifications to this Policy is deemed to be Your acceptance of those modifications, so please check this Policy periodically for revisions. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information:
• Directly from You when You provide it to us.
• Automatically when You use Our Services.
Information We Collect
• When You sign up for Our Services, We ask You to complete a registration form so that You can create an account. We also provide You with an application programming interface (API) key so that You can connect to Our Services and upload information.
• When You register for an account, We collect certain profile information such as the Your first and last name, email address, project or business name and payment information.
• If You send Us feedback, request support or otherwise interact with us, We may collect the personal information contained in any email, text or other electronic communication that You send to Us.
• We may combine personal information submitted by You with information obtained from other sources.
• We collect all information that You upload to Our Services. We have no control over what information You upload to Our Services. Our Services may use technology to automatically collect usage details and device information.
• Usage Details. When You access and use Our Services, We may automatically collect certain details about Your access to and use of Our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that You access and use on or through Our Services.
• Device Information. We may collect information about the device and internet connection You used to access and upload information to Our Services, such as Your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, system settings, and IP address, as well as the language Your system uses and the country and time zone where Your device is located.
How We Collect It
• We collect information directly from You when You provide it to Us (i) through the use of forms, such as completing a registration form or survey, or (ii) by sending Us feedback, requesting support or otherwise interacting with Us by telephone or by email, text or other electronic communication.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about You or that You provide to us, including any personal information, to:
• Provide You with Our Services and any support or other service or information that You request from Us.
• Fulfill any other purpose for which You provide it.
• Give You notices about Your account, including for billing and collection.
• Carry out Our obligations and enforce Our rights arising under Our Terms of Service or any other contract between You and Us.
• Notify You when updates to Our Services are available and of changes to any products or services We offer or provide though Our Services.
• Periodically send to You newsletters and communications promoting the use of Our Services. You may “opt-out” of such receiving such promotional communications as set forth below.
We have no control over what information You upload to Our Systems or how You use such information, and We will not access or use such information, other than in aggregated form for billing and financial reporting, except as may be necessary to provide You with support services or to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. The usage details that We collect help Us to improve Our Services.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about Our Services or de-identified data derived from personal information without restriction. In addition, We may disclose information, including personal information, that We collect or that You provide:
• To Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties that We use to support Our business, who are generally bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Us about Our customers is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which You provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by Us when You provide the information.
• With Your consent.
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• To enforce Our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and us, including Our Terms of Services, and for billing and collection purposes.
• If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect Our rights, property, or safety or that of Our customers or others.
Your Choices and Right to Access and Correct Personal information
If You receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, You may indicate a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications from Us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail You receive.
You may review and change Your personal information by visiting Your account profile page. You may also send Us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that You have provided to us. We may unable to delete Your personal information except by also deleting Your account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Children under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age and We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If We learn that We have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If You believe that We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Us at email@example.com.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed and intended to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Despite these safeguards, due to inherent uncertainty in the use of the internet and information systems and the potential for unlawful attacks by third parties, We cannot guarantee that the use of Our Systems will be completely safe or secure.
Information that We collect and use may be transferred, stored and accessed globally to support Our Services. We retain information for as long as it is needed or useful to provide and improve Our Services and comply with Our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce Our rights under agreements.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and Our privacy practices, contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.